- 1 pound ripe juicy tomatoes
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste
- handful fresh basil leaves, torn in half
- garlic croutons or torn pieces of crusty bread, toasted or not (optional)
1. Wash and core tomatoes. Cut into thick slices.
4. Scatter top of salad with the torn basil leaves.
5. Add croutons or pieces of bread, if using, to soak up the delicious juices.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.