Vegetable of the Month: Tubers by the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 2 lb yucca root (½ pound per person)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp chives
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- Rinse yucca well, peel and halve lengthwise.
- Remove fibrous core.
- Combine lemon juice, garlic and fresh herbs in a large pot with enough water to cover yucca.
- Bring to a boil and add salt.
- Lower heat and add cold water when necessary so as not to allow water to reach another boil.
- Pierce with toothpick or fork.
- When soft (not mushy) remove pieces and set aside.
- When all pieces are done, drain, sprinkle with pepper and serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.