This recipe yields about 5 quarts
- 1¼ cup cooked corn kernels
- 1½ cup whipping cream
- 1¼ cup milk
- ½ cup raw sugar
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a blender, puree 1 cup corn and ¼ cup cream until very smooth.
- Rub purée through a fine strainer into a 10- to 12-inch frying pan.
- Add remaining corn and cream, along with milk and sugar.
- Stir over high heat until bubbles form at pan rim.
- In a small bowl, beat yolks to blend with about ½ cup of the hot corn mixture, then pour into the frying pan and stir over low heat until custard coats the back of a metal spoon thickly, about 9 minutes.
- Add vanilla.
- Set the pan in ice water and stir often until mixture is cold, about 15 minutes.
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours or up to 1 day.
- Pour cold mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions or until dasher is hard to turn.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.