Do ahead: The feta mixture can be made up to 2 days ahead and refrigerated, but don't add pine nuts until the last minute. Bring the mixture to room temperature before stuffing potatoes. The potatoes can be stuffed up to 4 hours in advance.
- 24 small new potatoes
- ¾ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup pitted chopped green olives
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp dried currants
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon peel
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 48 leaves fresh parsley for garnish
- Cut thin slice off top and bottom of each potato. Cut each potato crosswise in half. In large saucepan, combine potatoes with salted cold water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with fork, 10 to 15 minutes. Be careful not to overcook. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, crumble feta with fork. Add pine nuts, olives, oil, currants, lemon peel, oregano and pepper. Mix well.
- To assemble, with spoon or melon baller, scoop out center from each potato half. Fill each with heaping teaspoon feta mixture. Garnish with parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.