Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined, 30 to 40 per pound
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Combine lemon juice, wine, 2 tsp oil and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Drain the shrimp marinade into a bowl.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a 12-inch non stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook, turning once, until barely pink, about 30 seconds per side; transfer to a plate.
- Add bay leaf, crushed red pepper and the reserved marinade to the pan; simmer for 4 minutes.
- Return the shrimp and any accumulated juices to the pan; heat through.
- Season with salt, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 170 | Fat 6g | Carbs 3g | Sodium 310mg | Fiber 0g
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.