Latvian sour porridge
- Rinse barley groats and add to boiling water, boil to semi-softness.
- Add curdled milk to porridge and stop boiling.
- Add sour cream to cooled porridge.
- If you want sour porridge, keep it in room temperature for 1 – 2 days and then serve with sour cream and add milk.
- Porridge can be made with buttermilk, or you can add to the porridge curdled milk that has been beaten to a homogenous consistency.
- Skabputra should be served well cooled.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.