Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Servings: 16 (2 skewers per serving)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 oz each), with all visible fat removed
Soy-peanut marinade Edit
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Put chicken smooth side up between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Using a tortilla press or smooth side of a meat mallet, lightly flatten the chicken.
- Cut each piece lengthwise into 8 long strips.
- In a small non-metallic bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients.
- Put marinade and chicken in an airtight plastic bag and turn bag to coat.
- Seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Meanwhile, soak 32 wooden skewers in cold water for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Thread 1 strip of chicken on each skewer.
- Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve hot and plain with rice or cover and refrigerate to serve chilled.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (2 skewers):
- 30 Calories | 6g Protein | 51mg Sodium | 16mg Cholesterol | 1g Fat | 0g Carbs
- Exchanges: 1 Low-Fat Meat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.