Purchased from the Parnell Estate in Canton, Texas in 1988. Notation on card indicates this was a family favorite. Dated 1957. I make this every summer when the corn is fresh. I can't make enough for my family and friends. It gets gobbled right up.
- 2 medium white onions, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in ½ inch strips
- 1 medium red pepper, cut in ½ inch strips
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon granulated salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup stuffed , thinly sliced
- Sauté the onions, peppers, jalapeno pepper and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Stir in corn, tomatoes, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the and heat thoroughly. Serves 6.