- 2 cups dry pinto beans
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup of 29 ounce-can chicken
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can tomatoes, non-drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can carrots, drained
- 1/3 cup original flavor barbecue sauce
- 6 hamburger buns
1.In a large pot, soak pinto beans using quick soak method.
2.On medium-high heat, warm oil in skillet.
3.Brown garlic and onion in oil.
4.Remove excess fat from canned chicken, then add chicken to skillet and heat for 8-12 minutes.
5.Add beans, tomatoes with juice, and carrots.
6.Add barbecue sauce; heat until warm, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
7.On an open bun, pour chicken mixture on top.
- Beans, Pinto Dry by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource -- original source of recipe