- 1 red sweet pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow or orange sweet pepper
- 1 summer squash (medium)
- 1 zucchini (medium)
- 1 spanish onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 ripe italian plum tomatoes
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- sprigs of fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- oregano and thyme
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cut peppers, summer squash, and zucchini into thin ½ inch strips.
- Dice the onion and tomatoes into ¼ inch cubes.
- Peel and finely mince garlic, and finely chop parsley.
- Heat a medium size pot with olive oil over medium heat, lightly saute the chopped garlic and onion until translucent.
- Add freshly cut vegetables, but do not add tomatoes.
- Add oregano and thyme, and gently toss.
- Keep vegetables firm, do not overcook.
- Remove from heat, add tomatoes, but do not stir.
- Pour beaten eggs (use 2 beaten eggs for each individual serving) into heated and lightly buttered skillet.
- Once eggs begin to set, add vegetables to the top.
- Arrange colors, do not stir.
- Add parsley, and then top with cheddar cheese and black pepper (salt optional).
- Cover and cook over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Loosen and slide onto warm plate.
- Serve with french bread cut into triangular thirds and a sprig of fresh parsley.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.