- 1 whole chicken, thawed and washed
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1.Preheat oven to 375°F.
2.Remove giblets from chicken cavity and reserve for another use.
3.Split chicken down the backbone and place chicken, breast side up, in a large oven-proof skillet or baking pan.
4.Smear outside with margarine.
5.Roast uncovered for 30 minutes, until chicken begins to brown.
6.Pour chicken broth and lemon juice around chicken, basting the chicken as you pour.
7.Continue to roast 45-60 minutes longer until skin is rich, deep brown, and thermometer registers 180°F.
- Chicken, Consumer Pack (Whole/Bagged), Frozen by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource -- original source of recipe