- 1¼ lbs flour
- ¾ lb dark brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 oz sweet butter
- Mix flour and butter, sugar and baking soda.
- Beat 4 eggs thoroughly, add honey, and mix well with flour mixture.
- Set in refrigerator overnight.
- Roll dough about ⅛ inch thick and cut with cookie cutters, or take about a teaspoon of dough and flatten for each cookie.
- Place cookies on greased cookie sheets, about 3 inches apart.
- Beat remaining egg and brush over cookies.
- Bake at 450°F for about 7 minutes.
- You can decorate each cookie with icing or add one half almond or chocolate chip in the middle of each cookie.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.