- 1/4 c. Crisco and 1/4 c. margarine
- 2 cakes yeast
- 2 c. milk 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c.sugar 2 eggs plus 1 egg
- 7c. flour
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 2 pkg. of chopped walnuts
- 1 can of prume filling
- 1 pck. unsweetened cocoe
- 1 pck. of poppyseed
- 1c. cocoe mix with 1c. Sugar
- 3c. pappyseed mix wiht 1c Sugar
- Warm milk and dissolve yeast i it. Add 3 cups flour and beat smooth. Cover and let rise in warm place until double in bulk, about 2 hours. (Put in bowl you are to make bread.)
- In another bowl, mix 1\2cup Crisco and margarine, 2 teaspoons salt, 1\2 cup Sugar and 2 eggs in a bowl and beat until well blended. Add remaining 4 cups flour and beat ingredients to yeast mixture. Knead until smooth. Cover and let rise 1 1\2 hour until double in bulk. Punch down and let rise again (about 45 minutes.).
- Divide into thirds. Take out one of the three pieces of dought. With a rolling pin, roll out on floured board into a rectangle. Brush with melted butter or margarine. Spread nut (or other) mixture on rectangle. #Roll like a jelly roll. Put in a buttered baking pan. Repeat for other 2 pieces of dougt. If more than one kolac are put on the same baking pan do not too closely. Cover and let rise again about 30 minutes at 325F.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.