Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 red cabbage, cored, finely chopped
- 2 oranges - juice only
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- black pepper, freshly ground
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp and fat is rendered.
- Add onions, stirring frequently, until very soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage in four batches, mixing thoroughly after each.
- Stir in orange juice.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring often, until cabbage is wilted, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and sugar.
- Cook, stirring often, until very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.