I have modified the recipe as best I could it was originally for a saute pan and had an alternative method of cooking that said only cook on high for 60 minutes and reduce the liquids after cooking. Personally I think the liquids are high on this recipe and the cook time is also high. Adjust as needed in your pressure cooker
- Contributed by Ray at PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- ¼ lb bacon, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 lbs of short ribs, cut 4 inches in length
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 large leeks, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 springs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup of good red wine
- 1½ cups of orange juice
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- Add olive oil to cooker.
- Brown bacon and ribs in pressure cooker.
- Remove ribs after browning.
- Discard fat that came from ribs after all ribs are browned.
- Add leeks, carrots, onion, and celery and saute for a couple minutes may need to add some oil to do this.
- Add garlic, thyme and bay leaf cook for another minute.
- Add wine let simmer and reduce until almost disappeared.
- Add orange juice, chicken stock and ribs cook on high pressure for 60 minutes.
- Reduce liquid after removing ribs until it has thickened slightly.