Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 4
- 1 brisket (3 to 4 pounds)
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 2 oranges
- 1-inch piece ginger
- 1 – 2 teaspoons Jule's Gourmet Jerk
- 2 carrots, large, diced
- ¼ cup of ketchup
- 1 cup water or beer
- Season the brisket well with salt and pepper and sear over high heat for about 3 minutes per side in a cast iron pan to color well.
- Remove from pan and drain briefly.
- Place all remaining ingredients into a slow cooker and set heat to low.
- Place the brisket on top of ingredients and place lid on cooker.
- Cook on low for 9 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker.
- Slice the meat thinly, against the grain, and then place the liquid into a blender to make the sauce.
- Check the seasoning of the sauce and then pour the sauce over the sliced meat and keep in a warm pan or in the slow cooker until ready to serve.
- Serve with Coconut Rice or on sandwiches.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.