Some of the reviews for this said they used the left over sauce and added to it to make soup. Take Care, Gloria
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Submitted By: Mary Moon to Allrecipes.Com
- Total time: 12 Hours 10 Minutes | Hands-on time: 10 Minutes | Cooking time: 12 Hours
- Serves: 4
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Creole-style seasoning to taste
- 1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (4 oz) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Season with salt,pepper, and Creole-style seasoning to taste.
- Stir in tomatoes with liquid, celery, bell pepper, garlic, onion, mushrooms, and jalapeno pepper.
- Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours, or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
Nutritional information Edit
- 191 Calories, (8% From Fat) | 29.6g Protein | 1.8g Fat (0.4g Sat) | 14.3g Carbs | 2.7g Fiber | 68 mg Cholesterol | 431 mg Sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.