- Makes 18 rolls
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs — beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup nuts — ground
- ½ cup sugar
- Pour the water over the butter.
- Add cream, salt, eggs, vanilla and the yeast mixed with the tablespoon sugar.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add the flour.
- The dough will be stiff but not sticky.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down.
- Cut off pieces of dough with a spoon and roll in the ground nuts mixed with the sugar.
- Twist each piece into a figure 8.
- Place on greased baking sheets and let rest 10 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 450ºF oven 10 to 15 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.