Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter
- spice essence
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup Brunoise red peppers
- ½ cup Brunoise yellow peppers
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 cup grated smoked gouda cheese
- 1 lb smoked salmon
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
To serve Edit
- ¼ cup Brunoise red onions
- ¼ cup capers
- 1 hard-boiled egg, white and yolk separated and finely chopped
- 1 (7.00 ounces) can black caviar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F .
- In a 10-inch spring-form pan, combine the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and melted butter together.
- Blend thoroughly and season the mixture with essence.
- Firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- In a sauté pan, over medium heat, heat the olive oil until the olive oil is hot; add the onions and peppers.
- Season the mixture with essence.
- Saute the vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Using a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, add the cream cheese.
- Process the cheese until smooth.
- With the machine running, add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the cream, salt and black pepper.
- Process the mixture until incorporated.
- Remove the mixture from the machine and turn into a mixing bowl.
- Fold the vegetable mixture, gouda cheese, smoked salmon and parsley into the cheese mixture.
- Re-season the mixture if needed.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared pan.
- Place the pan on the middle rack in the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the cheesecake is set in the center.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and cool completely before slicing.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the crème fraîche and lemon juice together.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Fold in the chives.
To serve Edit
- Place a small pool of the sauce in the center of each plate.
- Lay one piece of the cheesecake in the center of the sauce.
- Garish each plate with the red onions, capers, egg whites, egg yolks, caviar and parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.