Salty smoked salmon, rich cream cheese, plump tomatoes and zesty red onion bring a wonderful mix of flavors to this opened face omelet. Enjoy it for breakfast, snack on it for lunch, or serve it for dinner with a simple green salad.
- 8 large eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 – 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 4 ounces pre-sliced smoked salmon, cut into large strips
- 2 – 3 plum tomatoes, cut into slices
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs until well beaten and slightly frothy.
- Whisk in milk, chives and black pepper and set aside.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add egg mixture to skillet, and then quickly arrange remaining ingredients, in order, on top of eggs, distributing evenly and attractively.
- Cook for 3 minutes on the stove-top without stirring, then transfer to oven.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and the frittata is set, about 30 minutes.
- (baking time will vary with the size of the skillet, so continue to bake until center is just firm to the touch).
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Cut into wedges.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving (5 oz.):
- 200 calories (130 calories from fat) | 14g total fat | 6g saturated fat | < 1g dietary fiber | 12g protein | 5g carbohydrate | 265mg cholesterol | 460mg sodium