Purchased from the O'Reilly Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1988. Date and source unknown.
- 8 ounce package bow tie Pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh steamed asparagus tips
- 1 ounce smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Â½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook Pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
- Steam the asparagus over boiling water and cook until tender but still firm. Drain, cool and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the Pasta, asparagus, smoked salmon, lemon juice, pistachios, basil, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Mix well and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and serve at room temperature.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.