An excellent spread for fresh-baked French bread or even spread thinly with lettuce and tomato on sandwich bread for sack lunches on a long day's hike. The cayenne pepper and garlic powder give the spread a bit of a kick.
This recipe is included in the New Roadhouse Recipes book and is from the Sheep Mountain Lodge, Mile A 113.5, Glenn Highway.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves about 10
- 18 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ filet of smoked salmon, de-boned
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dill weed
- dried parsley to garnish
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Blend all ingredients in food processor to desired consistency and chill.
- For a chunkier version, mix half of the salmon in with a spoon after all other ingredients have been blended.
- Garnish with parsley flakes and fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with sliced french baguette.
- For special events, place spread in a metal fish mold (lined with plastic wrap) before refrigerating.