Purchased from the Lowery Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1984. Dated 1954.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ⅓ cup white cane sugar
- ¼ cup non-iodized salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 pounds salmon fillets
- Thoroughly mix all brine ingredients, ensuring that all dry ingredients are well dissolved.
- Place the salmon in a non-metallic container and cover with the brine solution.
- Make sure that all pieces are completely covered with brine.
- Refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours.
- Rinse the salmon with cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Allow to air dry about an hour.
- Smoke the using hickory or your favorite hardwood until flaky.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.