In Romanian: Supa cu Trout afumat
- 2 teaspoons oil (preferably canola or olive)
- 2 large Vidalia onions, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 x 8-oz bottles clam juice
- 1½ pounds red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- ¼ cup vermouth or sherry
- 4 cups milk
- ½ pound smoked trout fillet, flaked
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and celery, cook stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add clam juice, potatoes and thyme.
- Cook covered over low heat until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer about ¾ of the vegetables to a blender and purée.
- Return purée to soup and bring back to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add vermouth, milk, trout and green onions and heat through.
- Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.