Purchased from the Reinhart Estate in Ida, Oklahoma in 1992. Dated 1957. Notation on paper indicates this recipe is easy and very well received at cookouts.
- Submerge quail in brine solution for 4 hours in a refrigerator.
- Remove the carcasses and allow to drain completely.
- Place the drained birds in a smoker preheated to 165, without added moisture.
- When surfaces of birds are dry, add moisture and cook for one hour.
- Increase temperature to 19 and cook for an additional hour.
- Remove from smoker and enjoy.
- Can be frozen.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.