This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Smyth Estate in Plano, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 large cooking apple peeled and quartered
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs separated
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1½ teaspoons butter
- apple slices for garnish
- lemon juice
- Place apple quarters in a saucepan then cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes then drain well.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl then add apples and process until smooth.
- Combine apples, sweet potatoes, egg yolks and vanilla then stir well and set aside.
- Beat egg whites at room temperature until peaks are stiff but not dry.
- Fold into potato mixture.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish coated with butter.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with apple slices which have been dipped in lemon juice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.