- 3 tbsp achiote paste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp freshly grated root ginger
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped oregano
- 3 jalapeno chilies, de-seeded and chopped
- juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red snapper, scaled and cleaned
- 6 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum (sweet pepper), de-seeded and cut into julienne
- 1 green capsicum (sweet pepper), de-seeded and cut into julienne
- a handful of mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220°C / 425°F / Gas Mark 7.
- Place the achiote paste, garlic, ginger, oregano, chillies, lemon juice and zest and olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Make 3 or 4 deep cuts on each side of the then rub the oil mixture over and inside the forcing it into the cuts.
- Lightly oil a piece of aluminium foil which is large enough to totally enclose the and place in centre. (Traditionally banana leaves would be used.)
- Place tomatoes, onion, peppers and mint in bowl, season with salt and toss to mix then arrange the vegetables on top of the and fold the foil up into a parcel.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the is cooked through.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.