- ½ cup shortening
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups flour (scant)
- 1 tbsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix shortening, sugar and egg thoroughly.
- Sift flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Add to shortening mixture and stir well.
- Form into balls the size of walnuts and roll in the mixture of 2 tbsp sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon.
- Place about 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.