- 1 lb soba noodles (buckwheat noodles)
- 3 portabello mushrooms, parboiled for 3 minutes and drained,slivered
- 3 shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons regular soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon mirin or honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook the noodles in boiling water until they are just tender- test after 3 minutes, drain and plunge into ice cold water, rinse and drain - set aside.
- Toss slivered mushrooms with the shallots and ginger.
- Toss with the noodles.
- Mix together the stock, soy, sesame oil and mirin or honey, mix.
- Pour over the noodles and mix well, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Arrange on 4 plates.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.