- 3 cups of single or mixed vegetables
- ⅛ tsp ground turmeric
- 3 tsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp chopped onion
- salt to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine, or ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp panchforan
- Any of the following vegetables can be used for this : cauliflower, cabbage, sim, lauo, sweet pumpkin, chichinga, jhinga, korola, green papaya, radish, potato, etc.
- Wash and, if needed, either peel or scrape, vegetables.
- Shred or cut vegetables into small cubes or thin slices (3 cups).
- In a hot frying pan, sauté 1 teaspoon chopped onion in oil.
- When the onion is soft, add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add vegetables (add firmer vegetables first and partially cook before adding softer vegetables), turmeric and salt.
- Stir, add panchforan, cover, cook over moderate heat for three minutes, then over low heat until soft.
- Stir occasionally, add little bit of liquid if needed.
- Season with ground black pepper or chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.