- 1 kg (2¼ lb) rice
- 400 g (14 oz) mutton or beef
- 800 g (28 oz) carrots
- 400 g (14 oz) onions
- 300 g or 1¼ cup vegetable oil
- salt and spices to taste
- Wash rice and place in cauldron with salty water and bring to a boil.
- When completely cooked, drain the rice.
- Separately boil whole peeled carrots with the meat.
- Cut meat in pieces and the carrots in thin strips.
- Mix together, add a bit of salt, ground red or black pepper.
- Sear slice onions in very hot oil.
- When reddish-brown, remove and combine with meat and carrots.
- Put a servings of rice in kosas, coat with hot fat and top with mix of meat, carrots and onions.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.