Thick, smooth, and very rich, with the cloves going well with the mushrooms. The dill and cream go together so deliciously, and the salt hits the back of your throat.
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 pound of mushrooms, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 1½ cups of heavy cream
- 2 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp dill
- 5 whole black peppercorns
- 1 x 2-inch piece of cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 whole cloves
- season with a very small bit of salt
- Melt butter in a saucepan and toss the mushrooms in it just long enough to coat them.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the cream to boiling and pour over the mushrooms.
- Cover and simmer the mixture for 15 to 25 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.