- 480 ml white rice
- 960 ml water
- 60 ml peanut oil or butter
- 240 ml onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp curry power
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tomato, cut in small wedges
- 908 g crab meat or other seafood such as Scallops
- optional: empty scallop shells for serving
- In a saucepan, wash and rinse the rice.
- Add the water, cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil or butter in a deep, heavy saucepan.
- Add the onions, curry, ginger, salt and red pepper flakes, and sauté until the onions are lightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer until soft.
- Add the crabmeat or other seafood and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Serve over the rice in scooped-out scallop shells or alone.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.