- two or three cups chicken broth or chicken stock
- one small Onion, minced
- one small sweet green pepper (or bell pepper), minced
- one clove of garlic, crushed (optional)
- salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper or red pepper (to taste)
- one hot chile pepper, minced (optional)
- one carrot, chopped fine or one sweet potato or yams, boiled and mashed (optional)
- one or two tomatoes, chopped or canned tomatoes (optional)
- one cup natural unsweetened Peanut butter
- If using homemade Peanut paste, simmer it with the broth for fifteen minutes, then add all other ingredients and simmer over low heat until everything is thoroughly cooked. Stir often. Soup should be thick and smooth.
- If using Peanut butter: Combine all ingredients except the Peanut butter and simmer over medium heat until everything is tender. Reduce heat, add the Peanut butter and simmer for a few minutes more. Stir often. Soup should be thick and smooth.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.