Spanish garlic soup
- 1 crusty baguette (day old)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 – 8 cloves garlic
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- 6 cups water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a wide, shallow soup pot, heat oil and lightly sauté garlic (just until golden, not burned).
- Add bread, that has been previously sliced very thinly, and fry until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add paprika.
- Stir well.
- Add water and stir.
- salt to taste.
- Heat soup over medium low heat for about a half an hour.
- When the soup is just about done, add the eggs.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.