- 8 medium tomatoes - peeled, chopped
- 4 bananas
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup half and half
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- 2 onions - chopped fine
- 2 tbsp coconut - grated
- In large saucepan, combine tomatoes, stock and salt.
- Bring to a boil - cover and simmer over low heat until tomatoes are soft.
- Heat oil in saucepan.
- Add onions - saute until transparent.
- Peel and slice bananas.
- Add banana slices to sauteed onions.
- Saute - crushing slightly.
- Strain tomato pulp through strainer - or puree in a blender or food processor.
- Stir puree into onion mixture.
- In bowl, combine cornstarch and half and half.
- Stir in about ¼ cup hot tomato soup.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into remaining soup.
- Stir constantly over low heat until soups thickens slightly.
- Season with white pepper.
- Pour into a tureen or serve in individual bowls.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.