- 4 cups of red kidney beans boiled very soft
- 7 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- 1 small red onion cut into four quarters
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of chopped coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce
- 2 plum tomatoes cut into halves
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 lb of Pork chops with bones.
- 1 lb of spicy Pork sausages
- 1/2 teaspoon of mashed garlic
- 1 pinch of oregano
- 1/2 lb of sweet potatoes
- 2 ripe plantains
- 1 teaspoon of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- In a pot heat the oil. Add oregano, celery, Onion, tomatoes, garlic, and herbs. Stir.
- Add the Pork chops, sausages and two tablespoons of water.
- When the water has almost evaporated add the chicken stock and two more spoons of water. Stir.
- Add beans and 3 cups of water mashing the beans over heat.
- Let half the water evaporate leaving the pot uncovered.
- Add the remaining water, Sugar, sweet potatoes and plantains. Adjust salt to taste.
- Let boil at medium heat until it reaches a creamy consistency.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.