- 1 large Spanish onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lb shiitake mushroom
- 2 large portabello mushrooms
- ¼ lb chanterelle mushroom
- 2 – 3 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 – 8 cups chicken stock
- 4 ounces light cream
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Melt butter in large stock pot and sauté the garlic, onions and celery for 5 – 8 minutes.
- Slice all of the mushrooms together and set aside ½ cup for garnish.
- Add the remaining mushrooms and potatoes to pot and continue to saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the stock; bring to a boil.
- Simmer on medium-high heat until the potatoes are tender, approx. 20 minute
- Remove from heat and add thyme.
- Purée in a blender, return to pot.
- Add sherry, light cream, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce, warm through.
- Meanwhile, saute the reserved mushrooms in a little olive oil, and season them with salt and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms to the soup and stir well.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.