Chilled avocado soup from the Ivory Coast
- 2 very ripe avocados
- 4 cups cold chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon plain yoghurt
- 2 hefty dashes of Tabasco sauce
- salt and black pepper
- garnish: 4 paper-thin slices of lime and Tabasco sauce
- Dump the avocado flesh into a blender and puree.
- Add the stock and continue processing until smooth.
- Blend in the lime juice, yoghurt, Tabasco sauce, and salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- When ready to serve, spoon into bowls, top each with a thin lime slice, and sprinkle a bit of Tabasco sauce over each portion.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.