- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan.
- Mix Sugar, nuts, melted butter and cinnamon until crumbly and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together brown sugar, shortening and egg.
- Add flour, soda and salt to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Lastly, stir in rhubarb.
- Pour mixture into pan and sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cut in squares and serve warm or cool.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.