Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 16 squares
- baking spray with flour
- 1 cup (140 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (70 g) one-to-sugar substitute
- ¼ cup (35 g) non-fat dry milk powder
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) salt
- 2 tablespoons (25 g) margarine
- 1½ ounces (45 g) unsweetened baking chocolate
- ½ cup (120 ml) low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons (60 ml) liquid egg substitute
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) strong coffee
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C / gas mark 4.
- Coat an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan with the baking spray.
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Stir in the sugar substitute, dry milk, baking soda and salt.
- Melt the margarine and chocolate in the microwave or in the top of a double boiler.
- Beat in the sour cream, egg substitute, vanilla, and coffee.
- Stir the chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Blend well.
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes until toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan and cut into 16 squares.
Nutritional information Edit
- 77 calories (35% calories from fat) | 2 g protein | 4 g total fat (1.5 g saturated fat) | 12 g carbohydrates | 1 g dietary fiber | 3 mg cholesterol | 110 mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (bread/starch | ½ fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.