- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- ¼ teaspoon soda
- ¼ cup rich sour cream
- 1¼ cups pastry flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder. add
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup raisins cut in pieces
- ¼ cup nut meats cut in pieces
- Cream the butter or margarine.
- Gradually add sugar and beaten egg.
- Dissolve baking soda in sour cream.
- Add to first mixture alternately with pastry flour sifted with salt and baking powder.
- Add the vanilla and raisins.
- Add cup nut meats.
- Drop by spoonfuls on greased tin sheet, and bake in a moderate oven.
- Double the amount of flour may be used, nuts and raising omitted, and mixture chilled and rolled out and cut in any desired shape, before baking.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.