In Romanian: Ciorba de salata
- 2 quarts / 2 l water
- 2 Boston lettuces with firm cores
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsley root
- 1 big onion
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 yolks
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 – 3 tablespoons vinegar
- chopped parsley
- Finely chop the carrot, parsley root, onion and garlic and set to boil in water for ½ hour.
- Strain, removing the vegetables.
- In the meantime, beat the yolks with the flour, sour cream, salt and vinegar, then add the strained liquid a little at a time, stirring continuously until it is all added.
- Set to boil and add the lettuce, cut into pieces.
- Let come to just one boil.
- For the omelette, cut the bacon into pieces, fry and then add to the eggs beaten with milk and some salt.
- Cut this omelette into thin strips, place into the serving bowl and pour the hot soup over it.
- Add chopped parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.