- 1¾ lbs / 750 g mutton
- 1 qt / 1 l water
- 0.5 qt / 0,5 l borsh
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsley root
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons rice
- chopped lovage
- chopped parsley
- Cut the meat in pieces and set to boil.
- Remove foam as it forms.
- Add salt and the quartered onion, carrot and parsley root and let boil, covered, at low temperature until the vegetables and the meat are tender.
- Remove the vegetables with the slotted spoon.
- Add to the soup julienne green pepper, peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes, rice and boiled borsh.
- When the rice is done, add chopped lovage and parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.