- 4 pounds pig's feet (Pork stew meat can be used as a substitute)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Onion thinly sliced
- 1 Congo or Habanero pepper chopped (Seeds and stem removed)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3 to 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cucumbers peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- watercress, for garnish
- Place the cut up meat in a large pot, cover with salted water, and cook over medium heat until the meat is tender (about 2 hours). Remove the meat from the water, rinse in cold water, and drain.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked meat, garlic, Onion, pepper, lime juice, water, salt, cucumbers, and ground pepper.
- Marinate for at least 6 hours. Serve cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.