This golden, homemade barbecue sauce is made with real mustard, vinegar, sugar, and spices and is absolutely great for marinating or dipping, as it keeps a sour, white-hot taste with the other condiments based in South Carolina, simply used for fresh meats, seafood, or poultry. Hot sauce or chili powder occasionally works for this too.
- ¾ cup yellow mustard
- ¾ cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Whisk to combine occasionally while simmering for 20-30 minutes.
- Let cool before using. Spoon, funnel, or pour contents into the fresh container then reserve this in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 5 tablespoons or 3-6 teaspoons