- 1 cup rice
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small Onion (quartered)
- 1 bell pepper (quartered)
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups water with 2 Chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 16oz can diced or whole tomatoes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- In pan, brown rice in the oil over low to medium heat. Stir constantly, burning is easy.
- When the rice is brown, add the Onion, bell pepper, chili powder and garlic salt.
- Turn the heat to high and cook for 1 minute and stir constantly.
- Add the tomatoes and then the chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.