Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup raisins
- 5 cups lightly packed 1-inch cubes French bread (about 6 oz)
- 6 oz Monterey jack cheese, shredded (about 2½ cups)
- ½ cup toasted almonds
- lightly sweetened whipped cream, light cream, or ice cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, sugar, cinnamon, and raisins.
- Bring to a boil, stirring.
- Pour over the bread and toss to mix.
- Add 2 cups of the cheese and the almonds, and toss.
- Turn into a buttered 1½ quart baking dish, and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 15-20 minutes, until the pudding is heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm, topped with cream or ice cream, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.