- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed, both green and white parts chopped
- 1/2 med. red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 T. ground cumin
- 3 lg. or 4 med. zucchini (1 1/2 to 2 lb.), ends trimmed and quartered
- 1 sm. white Potato, peeled and diced
- 6 c. vegetable or Chicken soup
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. shredded low fat Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded low fat Monterey jack Cheese
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add green onions, red onion, garlic and cumin; cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Add zucchini, Potato and stock; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to mediujm and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Puree hot soup in food processor or blender in batches, filling the container only half full each time.
- Blend on low and be sure to hold lid down firmly.
- Pour soup back into saucepan, season with salt and pepper; and reheat.
- To serve, ladle soup into 6 bowls and garnish them with rounded T. of each Cheese.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.