Here is a colorful and delicious dish that is easy to prepare and a meal in itself. Serve for a festive dinner with a molded apricot and pineapple salad, hot biscuits, and a tart apple pie for dessert. These are moist and tender and delicious!
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Baking Time: 1 Hr.
- Serves 4
- 4 center-cut pork chops, ¾ to 1-inch thick
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 beef bouillon cubes dissolved in 2½ cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 4 slices tomatoes, ¼-inch thick
- 4 slices white onions, ¼-inch thick
- 4 slices green pepper, ¼-inch thick
- Sprinkle chops on both sides, using 1¼ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the lemon pepper.
- In heavy skillet, brown chops in butter over medium-high heat.
- Remove to platter.
- Add dissolved bouillon cubes and Worcestershire sauce, scraping skillet to loosen pan drippings.
- Stir in rice.
- Cook rice in bouillon mixture according to package directions for half the time required. No additional salt is needed.
- Place partially cooked rice and liquid in bottom of oiled baking dish.
- Arrange chops on top.
- Over each chop place 1 slice each of tomato, onion and green pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining salt and lemon pepper.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until chops are easily pierced with a fork.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.